Your national association

Every European country has one, sometimes more, national association(s) of local and regional authorities. These associations have their own members, which are the towns, provinces, counties or regions of your country. In differing ways, they provide assistance in the area of twinning to their members.

They can often help you find a twinning partner. In the case of this website for instance, once you have filled in the online form presenting your municipality and seeking a partner, the form is automatically sent to the contact person in your national association to ensure that they are aware of your interest.

Your national association can also provide you with information about funding opportunities. It may be able to provide helpful information or advice in relation to twinning activities and events.

The large majority of national associations of local and regional governments are members of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR). You can find more information about your national association.